Citrine is a sparkling and cheery yellowish-orange stone that combats negative and unwanted energies, paving the way for success into every aspect of life. This CrystalBenefits article tells you the meaning and healing properties of the Citrine gemstone.
Did You Know?
Citrine is also known as “success stone” because it brings success and prosperity, especially in business. And it is also called the “Merchant’s Stone” because of the practice of placing this stone in the cash registers at stores.
Did you ever imagine that gemstones would have another side than just being a bright, shiny jewel? Yes, they have certain mystical qualities to connect with the powers of the Universe and also, to relieve us of all the negativity in life. People these days are turning to crystals as a solution to their problems. One such intriguing gemstone is Citrine.
Citrine is a bright stone which lights up many areas of people’s lives. This yellow-orange-golden crystal belongs to the quartz mineral group. The name, Citrine, comes from a French word for lemon, Citron, however, the color of this stone is more golden than lemon-yellow. It is certainly a crystal to be added to your collection as it is full of positive energy and brilliant features. It is not only useful for aesthetic purposes, but is also believed to help you achieve your goals in life.
It is a controversial gemstone because most of the citrine crystals in the market are heat-treated versions of Amethyst. So when you are looking to buy a citrine, make sure you don’t fall for the wrong one. A genuine and real citrine is of a gentle-yellow color and quite rare to find.
Before going into the details of citrine gemstone and its healing properties, let us first have a look at its physical traits.
Chemical Formula: SiO2
Color: Yellow, Golden Yellow, Yellow-Orange
Mineral Class: Quartz
Hardness: 7 Mohs.
Refractive Index: 1.54 – 1.55
Crystal Habit: Hexagonal
Transparency: Translucent, Transparent
Places Found: Brazil, Africa, Russia, USA
Now, onto the interesting part.
Metaphysical Properties of Citrine
- In metaphysics, citrine has a different spiritual significance, that is of aligning all the chakras. It is connected to the third chakra, Solar Plexus. It stimulates mental power and helps to focus. It activates both, mind and body.
- It brings happiness, joy, and positivity in life by eliminating the negative energies and vibes. Citrine is one crystal that does not accumulate or hold negative energy, in fact it transforms negativity into positive energy. That is why it is not necessary to cleanse your citrine crystal unlike others.
- It opens your mind to new thoughts and increases self-esteem and self-confidence.
- It induces happiness and joy by relieving you of depression, anger, self-doubt, and mood swings.
- Family issues caused due to negativity and emotional clashes can be resolved and sorted leading to the restoration of broken relationships. It helps in eliminating fear and overcoming emotional grief.
- It is also beneficial for those involved in business and money matters by ushering in success in every venture.
- Carry this Merchant’s Stone or keep it at the desk in your workplace, especially if you have a lot of wealth. It will keep you from becoming greedy or getting too attached to your wealth. It also attracts wealth, success, and prosperity in life, and is especially good for people who are looking forward to start a new business.
Healing Properties of Citrine
- Citrine helps in improving digestion, constipation, and blood circulation.
- It also aids in the repair of heart muscles, and in the healing of thyroid glands and diabetes.
- It helps in cleansing the stomach, liver, kidneys, spleen, and pancreas.
- It is also helpful in strengthening the immune system and boosting metabolism.
- It also helps overcome addictions and aids in removing toxins from the body.
- It is also useful for improving vision and inducing good sleep by preventing
As mentioned above, citrine is often sold as a treated Amethyst. It mainly resembles Topaz because of its color. Citrine is easy to identify through its quartz properties. It is one of the very few crystals that is naturally yellow-golden in color. Other yellow-golden colored stones are either much harder or softer. It gets its yellowish-golden color from the iron impurities present in it. It can be distinguished on the basis of its chemical formula, density (2.60 – 2.70), and refractive index.
How to Use Citrine?
- Citrine is popularly used as a gemstone. For gaining wealth, place it in the Southeast corner, cash register, or purse.
- For more comfort and calmness in life, carry the crystal with you everywhere.
- You can also set it in rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets, so that it remains on your body at all times. It makes an excellent pendant.
- For maximum effect, charge it by placing it by the windowsill so that it is exposed to sun’s ultraviolet rays. However, don’t overdo it because the yellow-golden color may fade.
Citrine in Feng Shui
- In Feng Shui, it is considered as wealth stone. It is recommended that you keep the citrine gemstone in the wealth corner of your house i.e., Southeast.
- You can also place it at the center of your house to bring energy, light, and cheerfulness into your home and life. Use it to energize and vitalize your home.
- You can also place a citrine gem tree in the southern part of your living room. It invites joy and happiness in relationships by eliminating discord in the family.
Citrine imparts joy and cheerfulness to everyone who seeks help and support in life. It is difficult to lose faith in life with this magnificent gemstone as your constant companion. Its fantastic power inspires you and helps you to spring back into action. However, you will have to put in your own efforts in achieving your goals.
Note: This article is solely for informative purposes. Crystals are not an alternative or substitute for medical attention. Hence, those suffering from any serious illness, please seek the advice of your family physician or medical expert.