Agate is a naturally occurring form of silicon dioxide.
There are a number of different kinds of agate, which we’ll briefly mention later on. However, most of this article will deal with the generic healing properties of all agate stones.
Agate is often referred to as The Stabilizer. As you might imagine, it’s a powerful stone for grounding oneself. However, the properties of agate don’t end there.
Agate – History and Lore
Agate rock has a long and rich history. Cultures from time immemorial – including the Egyptians and Babylonians – considered agate one of the best stones for helping to cleanse negativity.
This belief continues today. It is said that agate helps to stabilize by making one less susceptible to external, negative influences. Even in the midst of turmoil, agate is supposed to help one find a place of grounding.
As a grounding and earth-oriented stone, agate carries with it a denser vibration. In a society where we’re always encouraged to ‘raise our vibration,’ sometimes we forget how important it is to remain attuned to the slower and heavier vibration of our mother Earth.
Agate – Benefits and Healing Uses
The stabilizing and grounding benefits of agate can be applied in a number of different situations. The stone also carries with it some other interesting properties.
- Agate can help you during times of stress by allowing you to slow down and focus on what’s important.
- Agate helps to harmonize the mind and the body, improving decision-making skills.
- Agate helps bring about emotional balance in difficult situations.
- Agate can be useful for people who are struggling with addiction and are looking to find stability with drugs or alcohol.
Different Types of Agate
There are many different types of agate that you can find. Each one adds its own unique properties to the grounding and stabilizing benefits of agate.
- Moss agate is a healing stone that is said to help improve endurance and longevity. It is focused on the heart chakra.
- Blue lace agate is said to be great for helping people with communication. It helps to encourage you to speak your mind and can help you communicate effectively in all of your relationships.
- Flower agate is said to help encourage new beginnings. By stabilizing yourself while starting a new chapter of your life, you can ensure that things turn out well.
- Botswana agate is said to be especially useful for those who are trying to find a solution in the midst of a problem. It is also said to be helpful for people who want to stop an addiction, primarily smoking.
- Bulls Eye agate is believed to help fight off curses and the ‘evil eye.’ Keep this stone around if you need to protect yourself or your space.
There are many more types of agate – too many to list in this article. We’ll cover each type of agate in its own future article!
Agate, the Stabilizer, is a very powerful stone that can help people find grounding and stability in difficult times.
Written by Nigel Ford