Citrine is yet another form of quartz crystal – this particular variety known for its light yellow hue. Known as the Light Maker stone, citrine is believed to help channel light energy into the hands of the user.
This means that it’s associated with all the positive aspects of light: joy, happiness, manifestation, and the like. The name citrine itself is derived from the french word citron, or lemon, thanks to its yellow color.
Citrine History & Properties
Citrine has been a popular gem for thousands of years. Records of its use as a decorative gem date back as early as 300 BC, when the Greeks and Romans used it to adorn their jewelry.
The gem was further popularized in the 1600s when Queen Victoria was known to wear citrine jewelry. Following this, Scotsmen began to wear citrine kilt pins. The popularity of the gemstone continued to increase until the modern day, where citrine is sold all over the place.
Citrine can be found in many places across the globe. Some of the most common places to find citrine are Brazil, Africa, Spain, Scotland, and the United States.
The citrine crystal itself is a form of quartz crystal. It’s made mostly of silicon dioxide, one of the minerals that is found in abundance in the human body. This is, perhaps, one of the reasons that people can resonate so easily with citrine.
Citrine Meaning & Uses
Citrine is commonly associated with wealth, abundance, and financial prosperity. Because of this, it’s earned the nicknames Merchant Stone and Success Stone.
Citrine is commonly recommended for anyone who is hoping to make financial changes in their lives. If you’re trying to move to a new job, or if you’re hoping to get a raise or try out a new business venture, it couldn’t hurt to keep some citrine on hand.
Aside from that, citrine is also associated with bringing about positive changes to your mental health. It’s said to be an optimistic stone, and can help people see the silver lining in any situation. It can also help you to focus on the end result of your goals, preventing you from being hindered by obstacles.
Here are some specific uses for citrine.
- Citrine can help aid you in the manifestation process. It does this by helping to obscure any undesirable thoughts or feelings during your manifestation and allowing you to focus only on what you truly want.
- Citrine can be useful for helping move you forward on your career path.
- Citrine can help you find motivation when you’re struggling with issues like lethargy or depression.
- Imbuing your citrine with a specific intention allows the crystal to further amplify that intention.
- Citrine makes a great addition to living spaces, offices, or children’s bedrooms where it can bring about positivity and joy.
Citrine is a very powerful stone.
Its golden-yellow color represents the way that it can help bring about financial prosperity and abundance. It’s also closely associated with joy, happiness, and positive manifestations.