The Universe functions in its own mysterious ways. Peacock Ore is a stone of happiness. It makes an excellent healing crystal that channelizes the internal energy and removes all the negativity.
Do not confuse Bornite with Chalcopyrite. They are Not the same, even though they have the same chemical structures. Chalcopyrite is CuFeS2 and Bornite is Cu5FeS4. The healing properties are not the same. Chalcopyrite is enhanced with acid to produce bluish–purple Peacock Ore stone.
Now you know what to watch out for!
There is more to gemstones than being just a shiny jewel used for decorative or aesthetic purposes. They have their own energy and a mystical way of connecting to us. All the gemstones on this earth contain some energies just like we do. When we connect to the most suitable stone for us, it begins transforming negative energy in us into positive energy. Crystal healing is something that raises curiosity and fascination in many of us. One such stone that’s intriguing is Bornite, or Peacock Ore.
Bornite is a multicolored copper iron sulfide mineral ore. It was named after a mineralogist, Ignaz von Born. Its metallic finish when tarnished, gives out magnificent colors of deep purples, blues, and reds. You guessed that correct! That’s why it is called peacock ore. It was called so by the early miners, and is a term given to Bornite or Chalcopyrite due to its scintillating and dazzling colorful effects.
Most of the time, peacock ore is sold as a different variety of Bornite, but in fact, most of the peacock ore is Chalcopyrite. Chalcopyrite, which is brass-yellow to golden-yellow color, when exposed to air, gives out more greens and yellows along with blues. Thus, the peacock ore may come in a wavelength of incredible colors ranging from bluish-purple to greenish-yellow or a combination of all four. Before going into depth about the healing properties, let us first have a look at the physical characteristics of Bornite.
Color: Copper-red or reddish-bronze on fresh surface, brown-black with bluish-purple when tarnished
Luster: Metallic when fresh, tarnishes to iridescent
Hardness: 3 – 3.25
Crystal Habit: Granular, massive disseminated grains, rare octahedrons
Notable places: Mainly Connecticut, Montana, Arizona, Peru, Mexico, Morocco
Now, onto some interesting stuff.
Metaphysical Properties of Peacock Ore
- Bornite or peacock ore is used during rebirthing process.
- It facilitates the alignment of chakras as well as activating individual chakras.
- This stone of happiness and joy infuses positive forces in us, helps identify the causes of negativity, and filters it out of our bodies.
- It helps us deal with stress and obstacles that block our path to a specific goal. It helps identifying the new ways and opportunities that may be useful in accomplishing our dreams and goals.
- It encourages us to align our thoughts and emotions in a calm manner, and increases our perceptive abilities.
- It allows and encourages to enjoy and be happy in the current situation.
- It helps realizing that life is truly an enjoyable experience.
Healing Properties of Peacock Ore
- It synchronizes our body’s cellular structure and metabolism.
- It helps in reducing fever and swelling.
- It also helps in regulating the flow of adrenaline in our bodies. Especially those who suffer from too much acidity, it is advisable to place this stone above the waist or near the navel for relieving the symptoms.
- It is also known to increase the blood circulation if you place it below the waist.
- It maintains an electrolyte balance in our body.
This stone of happiness can prove to be helpful in so many ways. Get this stone in your life and notice the difference. Place it anywhere in your room or wear it as a jewelry, you may start feeling positive and happier. However, along with this, you also will have to be willing to work towards achieving the goal.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for educative purpose, and does not imply a guarantee of effect. Whether you believe in the power of gemstones or not, it’s a matter of personal choice. Crystal healing is not a substitute for medicine. Hence, those suffering from illness, an advise from your physician is recommended. Consult a practitioner regarding crystal healing.